I'm sure there are some questions you may have before coming to see a therapist. My hope is to answer some of those thoughts before our first appointment. If there are questions that are not listed here, please feel free to reach out and ask!
What can I expect in my first therapy session?
- Our first intake session together will look different for each individual and couple. I will always ask my clients if there are any other questions before we get started. Once our session starts, I'll be sure to ask questions and be curious about what brings you into therapy. These questions are meant for me to gather information about your experience, as well as for you to tell me what is important for me to know as your therapist. It's important that we not only look at the problems at hand, but also the strengths that are within you. I'll be sure to help navigate the session in the most useful and helpful way.
What is your fee for therapy? How long are therapy sessions?
- My current fee for a 50 minute therapy session is $100. Sessions are typically 50 minutes long, whether a client is new or existing. If you have interest in meeting longer than 50 minutes, please let me know and we can explore possibilities. My current forms of payment include cash. check, credit card, and HSA/FSA cards. Payment is due at the time of service.
I have a form of insurance, am I able to use it for therapy?
- I am currently not accepting any forms of insurance. If you are interested in utilizing your benefits, I am considered an "out of network" provider for most insurance companies. I am happy to provide you with the necessary receipt for services to file for "out of network". I highly recommend checking with your insurance provider to best understand your policy for mental health services. If you wish to use your insurance for therapy, I completely understand and respect your decision. I am always happy to provide trusted referrals to other clinicians that can accept insurance.
What are your current available hours?
- My current office days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday with varying hours from 8-6. I currently have very limited Saturday morning availability as well. I currently do not have evening availability (5pm or later). If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to bring them up before our first session.
How often do I need to come to therapy?
- This is one of my most asked questions! I always tell my clients at the beginning of our time together - my job is always to work myself out of a job. With that being said, I encourage clients to begin on a weekly basis in order for the therapy process to have movement and growth. After some time (6-8 sessions), we will discuss different options of sessions. This may include continuing on a weekly basis, or moving sessions to best meet your needs. At the end of the day, it is a client's decision to decide how frequently they want to engage in the therapy process. I will always honor your decision.
Where are you located?
- I am currently located at 815 E. 63rd Place, Indianapolis IN, 46220. My office is at the corner of 63rd Place and Carrollton Avenue in Broad Ripple. If you have been near the Fresh Thyme in Broad Ripple, you have been right by my office! Located right on the canal, this space is walkable to all that central Broad Ripple has to offer. Parking is available for convenience.